1) Give the IUPAC name for each of the following compounds (2 points)or
2) Write a structural formula for 3-isopropyl-2,4-dimethylpentane. (1 point)
3) Give the IUPAC name for each of the following alkyl groups: (1 point)
4) The heats of combustion of isomer A is 4817 kJ/mol, and that of isomer B is 4812 kJ/mol.
Which isomer is more stable? Justify your answer. (1 point)
5) Rank the following substances in decreasing order of the boiling points (Largest → smallest).
6) Match the boiling points with the appropriate alkanes. (2 points)
– Alkanes: octane, 2-methylheptane, 2,2,3,3-tetramethylbutane, nonane
– Boiling points : 106°C, 116°C, 126°C, 151°C
7) Compound A undergoes the following reactions: (2 points)
(i) Which of the reactions shown require(s) an oxidizing agent? Explain.
(ii) Which of the reactions shown require(s) a reducing agent? Explain.
Page 2 of 3
8) Match the following heat of combustion values with the corresponding structure. Justify your
answer. 5471,5466, 5452, 4817(kJ/mol) (2 points)
9) Write the structural formula for the most stable chair conformation of each of the following
compounds: (2 points)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more