How has the social media industry evolved overtime and allowed/become a place where college students can network and create relationships with strong and weak ties for post graduation opportunities?
Write a 7-10 page research paper about the use of social media, its trends in the recent years and how people, mainly college students use sites like LinkedIn and Facebook to network and build relationships. Talk about how weak ties and strong ties are important with building relationships to network. Use at least fifteen scholarly articles sourced in the paper.
APA formatted, size 12 font, double spaced
Here are multiple sources too use for information:
1. Coleman, J. (1988). Social Capital in the Creation of Human Capital. American Journal of Sociology, 94, S95-S120. Retrieved from http://www.jstor.org/stable/2780243
2. Ellison, N. B., Steinfield, C. and Lampe, C. (2007), The Benefits of Facebook “Friends:” Social Capital and College Students’ Use of Online Social Network Sites. Journal of Computer‐Mediated Communication, 12: 1143-1168. doi:10.1111/j.1083-6101.2007.00367.x
3. Montgomery, J. (1992). Job Search and Network Composition: Implications of the Strength-Of-Weak-Ties Hypothesis. American Sociological Review, 57(5), 586-596. Retrieved from http://www.jstor.org/stable/2095914
4. Granovetter, M. (1983). The Strength of Weak Ties: A Network Theory Revisited. Sociological Theory, 1, 201-233. doi:10.2307/202051
5. Sebastián Valenzuela, Namsu Park, Kerk F. Kee; Is There Social Capital in a Social Network Site?: Facebook Use and College Students’ Life Satisfaction, Trust, and Participation, Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, Volume 14, Issue 4, 1 July 2009, Pages 875–901, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1083-6101.2009.01474.x
6. Yate, M. (2014). Knock ’em dead social networking : for job search and professional success . Avon, Massachusetts: Adams Media.
7. Nagano, S., & Fuji, K. (n.d.). Can contact with weak ties on social networking service (SNS) change an individual’s mindset toward stress at the workplace? International Journal Of Psychology, 51(s1), 1089–1089.
8. Duffy, B., & Pooley, J. (n.d.). “Facebook for Academics”: The Convergence of Self-Branding and Social Media Logic on Academia.edu. Social Media + Society, 3(1). https://doi.org/10.1177/2056305117696523
9. Cunningham, C. (2013). Social networking and impression management : self-presentation in the digital age . Lanham, Md.: Lexington Books.
10. Liu, W., & Duff, R. (1972). The Strength in Weak Ties. The Public Opinion Quarterly, 36(3), 361-366. Retrieved from http://www.jstor.org/stable/2747444
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more